Terms and conditions
*1. Menu prices are valid for 30 days and are subject to seasonal variation.
2. Minimum function charges Monday – Thursday incl $1400.00 Friday-Sunday incl $1500.00
3 Minimum Entree Charge with mains is $500.00, without Mains is as above
(No 2 i.e $1400.00/$1500.00)
4. Flying Woks Van Height for access is 2.570 Metres, it is the client’s responsibility to inform Flying Woks in advance the entry and exit points to ensure access is suitable. If height restriction is less than 2.570 metres Flying Woks can organise alternative vehicles if they are informed in advance at time of booking.
5. To activate our services a tax invoice needs to be raised and this can only be done by way of deposit, if a tax invoice is raised with no deposit and then followed by a cancellation the client will be invoiced for $500.00.
6. Balance to be paid in full before day of function. Payments after day of function completion incur a 5% surcharge.
7. Courses are served within an hour of each other. If you would like to extend the serving time Flying Woks usually (dependent on the size of the function) charges $75.00 per hour ($1.25 per minute) per staff member per hour.
8. Serving times are agreed to in advance, Wok staff will adjust final Tax Invoice to charge additional fee when times are exceeded.
9. Staff usually depart within 1.5 hours of the last Service time eg Mains served at 1:00 pm, staff depart by 2:30 pm. If Flying Woks staff are restricted from departing (eg. because of speeches, access limited) client will be charged at $75.00 per hour ($1.25 per minute) per staff member for excess time.
10. Estimated time from start to end for a ‘mains only’ function is approx 3 hours and extended times will incur charges.
11. Wedding bookings incur a setup fee of $440 This charge contributes to the extended period of time Flying Wok management spends working with the bride, groom, venue and MC leading up to the big day. This ensures our catering package is executed perfectly.
12. Standard Set Up Fee of $300.00 covers administration time, travel costs & pack down charges, staff costs, rubbish removal, cutlery, crockery etc
13. Client is to advise Flying Woks of stairs, difficult locations of equipment set up in advance. This will ensure set up & service adheres to agreed to times. There may be additional charges incurred for extra staff member ($75.00 per hour / $1.25 per minute- $150.00 dependent on number of stairs and/or location.
14. All Flying Wok equipment can be pre-set in the morning of the function for $200 (estimate only - location of event determines if there are additional charges) Equipment is usually removed at the end of the function though it can be collected on the following day for additional fees.
15. Staff & equipment arrive 1.25 hours before the first course. Customer can pay additional fees to have equipment preset or can organise early set up time at additional hourly rate of $85.00 (approx. dependent on location & no of staff present)
16. All dishes are created as Nut Free (except Pad Satay, Pad Thai, Gado Gado)
17. All Noodle and Rice dishes can be created with your choice of beef, chicken, pork*, prawn* (*additional charge for pork & prawns). Kosher Meats 20 % extra on stir-fry mains. Gluten Free Dish 10% extra & Gluten free Chicken satay 10% extra
18. Gluten Free dishes are served with rice noodles, vermicelli or steamed Jasmine rice. All dishes are Dairy Free. Pad Thai has shrimp. All Noodle and Rice dishes can be made as Vegetarian except Pad Thai, vegan, Halal, Kosher Gluten Free & other requirements happily accommodated for.
19. A 25% deposit is required (minimum $750) to confirm your booking. It is non refundable though if your function is cancelled or postponed - we are happy to apply this deposit to your next booking if it is within 12 months. The deposit will not be refunded or applied to any booking greater than 12 months later. Final confirmation of numbers and menu is required one week prior to the function.
20. Payment must be paid on day or before function a 5% fee will apply if settled after function date: Please note as your deposit secures our services and we hold this day for you, it is not refundable. $150.00 Service fee (from deposit) will be charged and the balance can be applied to a new booking date as long as it is within 6 months.
21. Changes made to menu may change total price.
22. Marquee hire is available at $150.00 per marquee. The client is charged for the Marquee regardless of the weather and regardless of whether the marquee is erected or not.
The Marquee size is 3 x 3 metres and only for wok staff to cook under and NOT APPROPRIATE for guests.
23. It is the client’s responsibility to provide a safe working environment including protection from inclement weather such as extreme heat or rain. Flying Woks staffs will endeavour to set up the wok barbecues in the client's preferred location though Flying Woks staff have the final decision of BBQ location, primarily based on safety, inclement weather and efficient service.
24. Wait staff available at $50.00 per hour min 3 hours. Please check with office for staff ratio per number of guests.
25. Above ground set up (e.g. on terrace, Level 1, upstairs incurs a charge of $150.00 with lift access and with stairs approx. $300.00, dependent on accessibility)
26. Fire alarms if Fire alarms need to be deactivated for a short period of time this is the sole responsibility of Customer
27. Emergency Phone Number : 0433 755 935 (Anton)
28. Credit Card - Visa & Master card incur a 2.5% Charge, American Express is NOT accepted.
29. Final Menu Confirmation is required 14 days before day of booking date. We accept changes to menu, serving times, location & number of serves up to this date and Flying Woks cannot guarantee (though will do our best to accommodate that changes requested after this date can be made.
30. Travel Fee is; within 30kms of Melbourne CBD no charge, every KM after first 30km is charged at $3.00 per km.
31. There are three distinct menu regions - 1) Asian/Stir Fry, 2) Spanish Paella & 3) Moroccan Tagines. If you wish to combine dishes from two regions there is an addition $300.00 charge. If you combine all three regions there is an additional $600.00 charge.
32. Cancellation Fee : If a function is cancelled on the day or day before we charge a 50% (of total spend) cancellation fee. If the same booking is postponed and a date is provided we charge 25% of the agreed fee.
33. When ordering desserts as an optional add on for a function of 100+ serves of mains, the smallest number of serves of each chosen dessert is 50 serves.
34. Rubbish Removal; We provide bins set up adjacent to the wok barbecues for your guests to place there used disposables in (crockery & cutlery & serviettes). We remove this rubbish, taking this with us when we depart. We do not provide rubbish bins to be placed around the venue, nor do we walk around the area picking up rubbish.